Monday, September 15, 2008

If you haven't seen the Tina Fey/Sarah Palin-Amy Poehler/Hillary Clinton skit from Saturday Night Live, you've got to check it out. I figured Tina Fey would return to play the character, but I didn't know she would be THAT good, and Amy Poehler was equally hilarious. One of the funniest skits I've seen on SNL in a while.



But SNL was downhill from the opening. I love Michael Phelps, but I just don't think he has the personality to carry the show. It's hit or miss with athletes hosting. Peyton Manning and Michael Jordan were huge hits, but others (Lebron James) just didn't quite pull it off.

Hopefully, other hosts will be able to keep the show funny and cutting-edge after the inevitable, almost weekly Tina Fey take on Sarah Palin. It should be a fun season for SNL.

No comments: