Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Rainy Day Dreaming

I’m having sleep difficulty lately (my problem isn’t getting to sleep, but staying there). After a terrible bout with hives a few years ago, they disappeared early in my pregnancy with Amelia, in 2004. I thought/hoped they were gone for good. Unfortunately, they resurfaced a couple of months ago (Kevin says I’m allergic to writing), and I often wake up itching and sneezing in the middle of the night. Not as much fun as you might think.

So I’ve been up since 3 a.m., and I’m waxed. It’s raining outside and Amelia’s tired, too. (Unlike me, her problem is getting to sleep; she’d probably sleep all morning if I didn’t have to wake her in order to get Nina to school on time.) If I didn’t have a dozen balls in the air and a cranky preschooler on my hands, it would be a perfect day to curl up on the couch and watch a movie or two.

Some people enjoy watching the same favorite flick over and over again. Me, I’m usually a one-and-done kind of gal. I do have a short list of movies that I’ve seen numerous times but would love to be watching again, right now, while it’s raining outside, and I’m soooooooooooo tired...

Bull Durham
Casablanca
A Christmas Story (which MUST be viewed at least once every year)
E.T.
A Fish Called Wanda
North by Northwest
Pulp Fiction
Raising Arizona

No comments: