Monday, August 4, 2008

Have you Googled your loved ones today?

I’m convinced that half the people who say they’ve never Googled their own names are lying, and the other half don’t know how to spell c-o-m-p-u-t-e-r, much less use one.

I confess, I Google myself occasionally--it just tickles a little. I’m not proud of it, but hey, at least I’m honest about it. I’m OK with (but not ecstatic about) what turns up, though I would like to reorganize things a little.

But tonight, for the first time ever, I Googled my husband’s name, and I found that he’s been keeping some pretty big secrets.

Kevin Eason is:

1. A former chief industrial correspondent for the Birmingham Post and Mail in the UK; Business F1 Magazine’s most powerful journalist operating in Formula One; and current
Sports Business Correspondent and producer of The Insider gossip column for The Times of London. (For the record, I did know that he enjoys gossip.)

2.
Server Administrator/Assistant to Director of Finance for the Mental Health Association in North Carolina, Inc.; he is tentatively scheduled to graduate from the University of Phoenix in 2011. (For the record, I did know that he’s mental.)

3. A
darned good artist, apparently with a second address in New Jersey and possibly a third in Bikini Bottom. (For the record, I did know about the Tony Soprano obsession—perhaps I even caused it.)

4. A
Brighton skateboard enthusiast and video camera owner-operator who knows how to upload to YouTube but has strange taste in music. (For the record, I did know about the strange taste in music.)

5. A
sergeant in the Air Force. (For the record, I had no idea he likes to wear fatigues.)

6. Largely unknown to Google in his primary role as a wonderful husband, father and civil engineer from Memphis. (For the record, I did know that he's wonderful.)

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

I admit to having Googled my husband. His name is Fred Taylor, and there are a million of those. So I tried narrowing it down by profession--he's an attorney in the Army JAG Corps. What I found is that he plays pro football for the Jacksonville Jaguars and makes over $5 million a year. That would explain why he's so tired at night, but I don't know where he's hiding the money.