Wednesday, February 18, 2009

What's going on

A few random thoughts:

So I've discovered that a heightened stress level is not conducive to writing. I figured as much about fiction writing, but lately I find that I can't concentrate enough to write newspaper articles. I trudge through and it takes me forever, them I'm unhappy with the finished product. Not good, especially since feature writing is one of our few sources of income right now.

But I am working on a data-entry/spreadsheet project that's going pretty well. Sounds kind of boring, I know, but I'm actually enjoying it. I'm brushing up on skills I haven't used in a while, and it will help give me recent experience in pursuit of an office job.

I'm meeting with a placement company tomorrow, so hopefully that will prove helpful. I'm a bit nervous about it but also eager for some good career/job advice. What should I do with my life?

Still haven't heard about my van--totalled or repairable? And though Kevin's last day on the job was officially yesterday, he's been at the office all day packing up his office and taking care of some last-minute details.

We're busy, busy, busy--sending out resumes, arranging childcare, handling freelance work, etc. Tomorrow we're reduced to one computer, and Kevin and I will begin vying for computer time.

I have a feeling things are about to get really interesting around here.

No comments: