Thursday, February 26, 2009

A good week

I'm feeling pretty upbeat and optimistic this week. Amelia's 4th birthday was Tuesday, and we had a great day at the mall. She rode the carousel and train, played on the indoor playground, and received a special birthday gift from the Kidgets Club. We ate Subway sandwiches and splurged on a Build-A-Bear. She and the bear have been inseparable since.

I also found a wonderful job opening for a position I would love to have. It's a Volunteer Coordinator for a local non-profit. Even if I don't get this particular job, it's heartening to know there are jobs like that out there.

I've also received a few new freelance assignments, so that should tide me over for a little while. Kevin has started working a few small carpentry jobs, such as building a couple of fences, and he's seriously looking at starting his own business.

And my van should be ready tomorrow. Yay! This compact rental car has made me appreciate the roominess of our van.

And after a couple of people made mention of my appearance in reference to the job hunt, I was convinced to highlight my hair (my hairdresser wouldn't take no for an answer and he gave me a great deal) and to buy a new interview suit. I also picked up a tube of lipstick today. I guess my days of sweat pants, makeup-less-ness and natural hair are over.

C'est la vie.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's some great news all around! And you've even invented a fine new noun: makeup-less-ness. (Will we get to see before-and-after photos?)
Best to the Eason crew,
RJV