Wednesday, July 23, 2008

What I'm reading

I just started Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. I read it as well as the second and third books in the series several years ago, but I'm determined to read all seven by the end of the year. While researching and writing recently, I've gained a whole new level of respect for J.K. Rowling.

I recently finished A Dirty Job by Christopher Moore. I read The Stupidest Angel last year and enjoyed it so much I couldn't wait to read something else by Moore. A Dirty Job was at times hilarious, but I didn't love it quite as much as Angel.

I've decided to take a break in between the Harry Potter novels. I ordered a collection of short stories by Chekov, so I think I'll tackle that after Sorcerer's Stone.

I've got tons of books I want to read before we reconnect our cable in time for the Olympics, but I can't stop writing long enough to get as much reading done as I'd like. Plus, I'm beta-reading/critiquing stories for several people, so that takes away from my leisure reading.

No comments: